Operating the high risk industry requires to enforce high standard of rules to ensure the safety of the employees and property at the work place
SEB has developed safety policy to outline the requirements of the safety and health at the work place.
Besides that, SEB established the safety committee members, safety manual, safety guide, Hazards Identification Risk assessment and Risk control including the Safety Operating Procedure.
Seremban Engineering Berhad had developed the followings control measures and established the Safety Committee to overcome and minimized the hazards at the work place:
- Formulated the Safety Policy.
- Established the Safety Committee.
- Organized the communication system between the workers and the management such as meeting and tool box briefing.
- Developed control measures and rules for safety as a guideline such as:
- Safety guidelines handout.
- Safety Manual and Safety Plan.
- Safety Operating Procedure.
- Hazard Identification Risk Assessments and Risk Control.
SEB has established and maintained to make the arrangements for the communication in the form as follows:
- OSH briefing for the employees and sub-contractors workers especially new staff and workers(Safety Induction and tool box briefing).
- OSH Notice Board.
- Providing coaching and demonstration.
- Sending Memos.
- Morning Assembly
OSH Briefing/Tool Box briefing
ESTABLISH SAFETY DOCUMENTS
Safety Operating Procedure(SOP)
SOPs address the system procedures such as:
SEB planned and conducted the HIRARC activities as follows:
- Where hazards appears to pose significant threat,
- Uncertain whether the existing controls are adequate,
- Before implementing corrective or preventive measures. SEB will always assigned trained personnel to lead a team of employees associated with a particular or activity to conduct the HIRARC.
The safety of our staff and contractors performing work are paramount to us and SEB is proactively improving our safety measures. By attending trainings, seminars, carrying out inspection and audits are the tools to gain the knowledge, awareness and improvements on the safety standards.
Seremban Engineering Berhad had defined certain works which requires competency for examples working in confined space, erection and dismantling of scaffolds, crane operators, forklift operators and etc. The competency can be acquired through a combination of education, certification, experience and work place training.
Inspection and Audit